Thursday, April 14, 2011

Coach Carter...again

Coach Carter

I have watched this movie for at least five times
I watched it again last night
every time I watched it
tears fell from my heart
there was no doubt and exception last night

the words that filled me the most
"Student Athlete"
STUDENT comes first
this word had long ago evoked my inner thoughts
that I have no reason to give up my studies
no matter how much I love sports
I am a student
my responsible is to study before I do anything else

What is your deepest fear?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone, and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."                                                                                                              Marianne Williamson

this literally means: 
our deepest fear is not how imperfect we are
in fact
no one is perfect in this world
the scariest thing is not that we are in deficiency of anything
because nothing is impossible
we have to just do it to achieve our goals

our deepest fear is that we do not fulfill our true potential
we do not treasure what was given to us
we can be talented in any aspects 
but it can also be lamentable that we wasted our gift 
everyone has his own strength
when we proved that we deserve to stand 
we affect people around us
when we set ourself free from the dark
we lead people to the bright   

Coach Ken Carter 
at the end of the movie said
 "I came to coach basketball players, and you became students
        I came to teach boys, and you became men"
is time to be awake if you are not
is time to do the right thing and be a man

2 comments: